Eco Global Pet and its brands are committed to protecting your privacy.
Last updated October 31st, 2023
This privacy notice applies to the information that we collect from you when you use our website at Chewems.com hosted by the Shopify online platform and hereinafter called “Platform.”
Our privacy notice tells you what personal data we may collect from you, how we collect it, how we protect it, how we share it, how you can access and change it, and how you can limit our sharing of it. Our privacy notice also explains certain legal rights that you have with respect to your personal data. Any capitalized terms not defined herein will have the same meaning as where they are defined elsewhere on our Platform.
Eco Global Pet LLC
292 Charles Street
Providence, RI 02904
“Personal Data” (PD) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified directly or indirectly by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person. PD is in many ways the same as Personally Identifiable Information (PII). However, PD is broader in scope and covers more data.
“GDPR” means General Data Protection Regulation.
Topics Covered in Our Privacy Notice
- Your Rights
- Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- How Your Information is Used and Shared
- Retaining and Destroying Your PD
- Updating Your PD
- Revoking Your Consent for Using Your PD
- Protecting the Privacy Rights of Third Parties
- Do Not Track Settings
- Links to Other Websites
- Protecting Children’s Privacy
- Our Email Policy
- Our Security Policy
- Use of Your Credit Card
- Transferring PD from the European Union
- Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If you want to exercise any of your rights included in this privacy notice, contact us by using the information at the top of this privacy notice.
You Have the Right Not to Have Your Personal Information Sold
Chew’ems does NOT SELL OR RENT any of your personal information.
Personal information for this section means a natural person’s first name or first initial and last name in combination with any one or more of the following data elements when the name and data elements are not encrypted: social security number, driver’s license number, driver authorization card number, or identification card number; account number, credit card number, or debit card number, in combination with any required security code, access code, or password that would permit access to the person’s financial account; a medical identification number or a health insurance identification number; a username, unique identifier, or electronic mail address in combination with a password, access code, or security question and answer that would permit access to an online account.
Your Rights Under Applicable Law
When using our Platform and submitting PD to us, you may have certain rights if you reside or are in any of the countries of the European Union, California or other jurisdictions. Depending on the legal basis for processing your PD you may have some or all of the following rights:
- The Right to Be Informed: the right to be informed about the PD that we collect from you and how we process them.
- The Right of Access: the right to get confirmation that your PD are being processed and you have the ability to access your PD.
- The Right to Rectification: the right to have your PD corrected if they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- The Right to Erasure (Right to Be Forgotten): the right to request the removal or deletion of your PD if there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing them.
- The Right to Restrict Processing: the right to ‘block’ or restrict the processing of your PD. When your PD are restricted, we are permitted to store your data, but not to process them further.
- The Right to Data Portability: the right to request your PD that you provided to us and use them for your own purposes. We will provide your data to you within 30 days of your request. Contact us using the information at the top of this privacy notice to request your PD.
- The Right to Object: the right to object to us processing your PD for the following reasons.
- Processing was based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling)
- Direct marketing (including profiling)
- Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling
- Automated Individual Decision-Making and Profiling: the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects regarding you or similarly significantly affects you.
- Filing a Complaint with Authorities: the right to file a complaint with supervisory authorities if your information has not been processed in compliance with the applicable law. If the supervisory authorities fail to address your complaint properly, you may have the right to a judicial remedy.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Our Legal Basis for Collecting and Processing PD
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your PD when you buy our products or services is based on the necessity for the performance of a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract.
When Entering and Using Our Platform
When you enter and use our Platform and agree to accept cookies, some of these cookies may contain your PD.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about the use of the Platform, such as pages visited, traffic sources, users’ interests, content management, and other measurements.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the Platform to remember users’ choices, such as their language, usernames, and other choices while using the Platform. They can also be used to deliver services, such as letting a user create a blog post, listen to audios, or watch videos on the Platform.
- Media Cookies: These cookies can be used to improve a Platform’s performance and provide special features and content. They can be placed by us or third parties who provide services to us.
- Advertising or Targeting Cookies: These cookies are usually placed and used by advertising companies to develop a profile of your browsing interests and serve advertisements on other websites that are related to your interests. You will see less advertising if you disable these cookies.
- Session Cookies: These cookies allow a Platform to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes, such as remembering what a user has put in their shopping cart as they browse a Platform. Session cookies also permit users to be recognized as they navigate a Platform so that any item or page changes they make are remembered from page to page. Session cookies expire after a browser session; they are not stored long term.
- Persistent Cookies: These cookies are stored on a user’s device between browser sessions, which allows the user’s preferences or actions across a website or across different websites to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for several purposes, including remembering users’ choices and preferences when using a Platform or to target advertising to them.
- identifying the areas of our Platform that you have visited
- personalizing content that you see on our Platform
- our Platform analytics
- remarketing our products or services to you
- remembering your preferences, settings, and login details
- targeted advertising and serving ads relevant to your interests
- affiliate marketing
- allowing you to post comments
- allowing you to share content with social networks
We may also use a technology called web beacons to collect general information about your use of our Platform and your use of special promotions or newsletters. The information we collect by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor the number of people who open our emails. Web beacons also help us to understand the behavior of our customers and users.
At Member Registration or When Buying Products or Services
If you register with us or buy products or services from us, we collect some or all of the following information: your first and last name, email address, complete physical address, credit card or other payment information, phone number, company, title, and other information listed.
Collecting Information About Your Physical Location
When you use our Platform, we may collect and process information about your actual physical location. We use several technologies such as GPS and IP tracking to determine your location. These technologies may also give us information about nearby cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other devices.
Our Platform uses Google Analytics to collect information about the use of our Platform. Google Analytics collects information from users such as age, gender, interests, demographics, how often they visit our Platform, what pages they visit, and what other websites they have used before coming to our Platform. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyze traffic and improve our marketing, advertising, and Platform. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit our Platform, not your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected using Google Analytics with PD. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you use our Platform, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. Google also uses specific identifiers to help collect information about the use of our Platform.
- How Google collects and processes your data
- How to prevent Google Analytics from using your information
Third parties, including Facebook, may use first-party cookies, third-party cookies, web beacons, and other storage technologies to collect or receive information from our Platform and elsewhere on the Internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target ads. With Facebook remarketing you may see our ads on Facebook after you have used our services. For this to happen Facebook uses unique cookies that are activated and placed in a visitor’s browser when they land on a webpage. Facebook lookalike audience targeting allows us to show ads on Facebook to people who are similar to those who have already visited or made a purchase from our services.
What Happens If You Don’t Give Us Your PD
If you do not provide us with enough PD, you might miss out on great deals and new products. However, you can access and use some parts of our Platform without giving us your PD.
How Your Information is Used and Shared
We use the information we receive from you to:
- Provide our products and services you have requested or purchased from us.
- Personalize and customize our content.
- Make improvements to our Platform.
- Contact you with updates to our Platform, products, and services.
- Resolve problems and disputes.
- Contact you with marketing and advertising that we believe may be of interest to you.
Communications and Emails
When we communicate with you, we will use the email address you provided when you registered as a user or customer. We may also send you emails with promotional information about our Platform or offers from us or our affiliates unless you have opted out of receiving such information. You can change your contact preferences at any time through your account or by contacting us using the contact information at the top of this privacy notice.
Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
We may give your PD to third-party service providers we hire to provide our services. These third-party service providers may include but are not limited to payment processors, web analytics companies, advertising networks, call centers, data management services, help desk and live chat providers, the Shopify platform, accountants, law firms, auditors, shopping cart and email service providers, and shipping companies.
Sharing Information With Business Partners
We may share your PD with our business partners, including Shopify. The business partners also include general business partners, affiliates, and joint venture partners. We share this information with them so that they can send you information about our products and services as well as their products and services. When you choose to take part in our services and/or offerings, you are authorizing us to provide your email address and other PD to our business partners. Please understand that when we share your PD with our business partners, your PD becomes subject to our business partners’ as well as our privacy notice.
Legally Required Releases of Information
We may be legally required to disclose your PD if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal processes; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our terms and conditions; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties, including you and/or other users; or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of our company, users, employees, and affiliates.
Disclosures to Successors
If our business is sold or merges in whole or in part with another business that would become responsible for providing our Platform to you, we retain the right to transfer your PD to the new business. The new business would retain the right to use your PD according to the terms of this privacy notice as well as to any changes to this privacy notice as instituted by the new business. We also retain the right to transfer your PD if our company files for bankruptcy and some or all of our assets are sold to another individual or business.
Retaining and Destroying Your PD
We retain information that we collect from you (including your PD) only for as long as we need it for legal, business, or tax purposes. Your information may be retained in electronic, paper, or a combination of both forms. When your information is no longer needed, we will destroy, delete, or erase it.
Updating Your PD
You can update your PD using services found on our Platform. If no such services exist, you can contact us using the contact information found at the top of this privacy notice and we will help you. However, we may keep your PD as needed to enforce our agreements and comply with any legal obligations.
Revoking Your Consent for Using Your PD
You have the right to revoke your consent for us to use your PD at any time. Such opt-out will not affect disclosures otherwise permitted by law including but not limited to: (i) disclosures to affiliates and business partners, (ii) disclosures to third-party service providers that provide certain services for our business, such as payment processors, web analytics companies, advertising networks, call centers, data management services, help desk providers, accountants, law firms, auditors, shopping cart and email service providers, and shipping companies, (iii) disclosures to third parties as necessary to fulfill your requests, (iv) disclosures to governmental agencies or law enforcement departments, or as otherwise required to be made under applicable law, (v) previously completed disclosures to third parties, or (vi) disclosures to third parties in connection with subsequent contests or promotions you may choose to enter, or third-party offers you may choose to accept. If you want to revoke your consent for us to use your PD, please contact us through the contact information at the top of this privacy notice.
Protecting the Privacy Rights of Third Parties
If any postings you make on our Platform contain information about third parties, you agree to make sure that you have permission to include that information. While we are not legally liable for the actions of our users, we will remove any postings about which we are notified, if such postings violate the privacy rights of others.
Do Not Track Settings
Some web browsers have settings that enable you to request that we do not track your movement within our Platform. Our Platform does not obey such settings when transmitted to and detected by our Platform. You can turn off tracking features and other security settings in your browser by referring to your browser’s user manual.
Links to Other Websites
Our Platform may contain links to other websites. These websites are not under our control and are not subject to our privacy notice. These websites will likely have their own privacy notices. We have no responsibility for these websites and we provide links to these websites solely for your convenience. You acknowledge that using and accessing these websites are solely at your risk. It is your responsibility to check the privacy notices of these websites to see how they treat your PD.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Even though our Platform is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 16, we realize that a child under the age of 16 may attempt to access our Platform. We do not knowingly collect PD from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child is using our Platform, please contact us. Before we remove any information we may ask for proof of identification to prevent malicious removal of account information. If we discover that a child is accessing our Platform, we will delete their information within a reasonable period of time. You acknowledge that we do not verify the age of our users nor have any liability to do so.
Our Email Policy
You can always opt out of receiving email correspondence from us or our affiliates. We will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third party without your permission except in the sale or transfer of our business, or if our company files for bankruptcy.
Our Security Policy
We have built our Platform using industry-standard security measures and authentication tools to protect the security of your PD. We and the third parties who provide services to us also maintain technical and physical safeguards to protect your PD. Unfortunately, because of its nature, we cannot guarantee prevention of loss or misuse of your PD or secure data transmission over the Internet. We strongly urge you to protect any password you may have for our Platform and not share it with anyone.
Use of Your Credit Card
You may have to provide a credit card to buy products and services from our Platform. We use third-party billing services and have no control over them. We use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that your credit card number is kept strictly confidential by using only third-party billing services that use industry-standard encryption technology to protect your credit card number from unauthorized use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your credit card number.
Transferring PD From the European Union
PD that we collect from you may be stored, processed, and transferred among any countries in which we operate. The European Union has not found the United States and some other countries to have an adequate level of protection of PD under Article 45 of the GDPR. Our company relies on derogations for specific situations as defined in Article 49 of the GDPR. If you are a European Union customer or user, with your consent your PD may be transferred to the United States or other countries outside the European Union when you request information from us. When you buy goods or services from us, we will use your PD for the performance of a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract. Wherever we transfer, process, or store your PD, we will take reasonable steps to protect it. We will use the information we collect from you in accordance with our privacy notice. By using our Platform, services, or products you agree to the transfers of your PD described within this section.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change this privacy notice at any time. If our company decides to change this privacy notice, we will post those changes on our Platform so that our users and customers are always aware of what information we collect, use, and disclose. If at any time we decide to disclose or use your PD in a method different from that specified at the time it was collected, we will provide advance notice by email sent to the email address on file in your account. Otherwise, we will use and disclose our users’ and customers’ PD in agreement with the privacy notice in effect when the information was collected. In all cases, your continued use of our Platform, services, and products after any change to this privacy notice will constitute your acceptance of such change. If you have questions about our privacy notice, please contact us through the information at the top of this privacy notice.